I can still remember when I only emailed two people… over 20 years ago—no links, no documents, no media being shared. Things are definitely different now.
Our sample of 150 users connects to a total of 173,000 other users (all of whom make it beyond Gmail’s spam filter). Of these, only 20,000 are actively engaged with our sample users (meaning that they are taking part in an actual back-and-forth conversation). So the average user in our sample set communicates with approximately 133 people through email. This suggests that of all the people you cross paths with via email, you only really communicate with around 12% of them.
Having said that, this 12% of users are accountable for approximately 50% of email and for collectively sharing: 52,000 documents, 67,000 links and 62,000 media files. The links represent only 10% of the total that actually appear in users’ MozzoMail accounts as our analysis filters out the “noise” of the other 90% – meaningless links are deeply embedded in email.
Email remains the collaborative tool of choice. It is full of personally actionable information that you regularly need to locate and send. We know this and want to make it easier. Check out mozzomail.com and see just how much easier it can be!